HTML

I was surprised at both how easy and tedious creating a webpage can be. I never thought to make one before so this was a completely new experience with all the unexpected pitfalls. To start I downloaded notepad++ and started a new document.
The first time I ran my web page just as a test I was expecting something to go wrong. I followed the guide closely, mostly. The numbered steps made the process simple to follow. Saving the file as a .html out of the editor and double tapping it on my desktop chrome opened up… to nothing but the words Nolan's Tech Blog as my header emboldened on the top left side of my screen. I eventually found the source of my problems that I had spelled marque wrong and forgotten a back slash to end it off. After adding some text and other details like a blue background and inserted a smiley face image I finally had it. My own primitive web page popped up. This experience of building something of my own on the internet while somewhat silly has also been very empowering I feel because now I not only know a little about how other websites run but also know how I can make one of my own with HTML. I think the actual hardest part of this whole assignment was thinking of what to publish on my page even if its just me reading it I thought for a long time on what to type. I think it takes a lot more tags and customization to make anything pleasant to the eyes but the early days of the world wide web now seem a little more understandable to me.

</Nolan’s Commentary>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Speaker Erik Hamberg

Dot Com to Dot Bomb

Presentation