Guest Speaker Erik Hamberg

Erik Hamberg came to class to speak about what living and working in a virtual world means to him. He seems to be a theater geek as well but took that business off the ground by running it online. He is a self published author of many books some that he put out in the same year and a sci fi series that he has just completed. He made this all seem so simple to do until I thought of the prospect of actually writing a book, but both he and you seem to have done it.
Some of the local involvement he is a part of really amazed me and how it was so impactful like running the Grand Cinema here for a few years and now the local parks of Tacoma as a commissioner. I visit both of these places regularly and so it amazes me how what he has done in his life has ripples of effect into my own life.
The most interesting part of his talk for me was how he now runs a podcast network. He simply reached out to podcasts in the area and set up a network and advertising deals which he says make them much more profitable. In his slide, some of the featured podcasts looked somewhat amateur just from their profile pictures but it really makes me think how easy it is to get out there and get a following on the internet if you are into serving to a specific niche of a local or global community.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Presentation

Dot Com to Dot Bomb